Monday, October 17, 2011

Just for you Mondays-Sweet and Spicy Sugar Scrub

Ugghh! Seriously, after trying to figure out this stupid blog I NEEDED a little pick me up, and a break from my computer, which was lovely. Apparently it was just a little glitch that fixed itself but I literally tried EVERYTHING to fix it. Yikes, apparently I need to learn a little bit more about the technical stuff. When I was in high school I took a class on html and web design, but that was a good 6 or 7 years ago and even if I did remember (I don't) what I was taught is practically dinosaur compared to today. Such is life right? Oh well. Anyway, today this recipe is from Our Best Bites (love them!) but you can find these all over the place. All sugar scrubs are basically the same, at least in base form, sugar and oil. What you add to it changes color, smell, even benefits to your skin. There are literally hundreds out there. This one I like because it smells like Christmas. Nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and brown sugar. Yum!! The first time I tried this, my 3 year old was in my room playing with my iTouch waiting for me and I started using this and I actually literally forgot that she was there in the next room waiting for me to be done. That's how amazing a sugar scrub is. Enough advertising;) to the recipe!


Sweet and Spicy Sugar Scrub
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cloves
Oil: olive oil*, almond oil, grape seed oil, apricot oil, jojoba, etc.
optional: a few drops of essential oil, such as cinnamon
(As a note from me, I also used 1/2 t nutmeg and 1/2 t allspice)
Directions: Combine everything but oil in a bowl and then add in oil and stir to combine. I suggest starting with just part of the oil and adding it until it’s the consistency you want it. Store in a container with a lid. I suggest keeping it in the fridge if you have left overs, it should last quite a while. Stop using it if it smells gross :)
For Use: Soap off in the shower so you have clean skin. Stir the sugar scrub and then massage into skin in circular motions for several minutes. I use it from my neck all the way down to my toes. After rinsing, if your skin feels too oily you can use a little bit of soap to wash it off. I personally leave it. By the time I finish my shower it doesn’t feel too oily anymore and it adds to the benefits of a sugar scrub. It will trap in the moisture and make your skin so soft and smooth. After you get out of the shower, slather on some lotion and try to keep everyone from touching you!


Seriously, this is my favorite thing in the world. I use it once a week (or on a particularly hard day) just make sure you get all the nutmeg off. ;) It also would make a nice little Christmas gift. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of sugar scrubs! This sounds like a great gift idea for upcoming holidays!
    p.s. this is the first post I've seen updated on my blog list in forever. Not sure what is different, but at least it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it had to do with blogger mobile. I'd posted one a week and a half ago from my phone, and then nothing from the computer showed after that. I ended up just deleting the app and that seems to have fixed it(hallelujah). I love sugar scrubs! There's this peppermint swirl that I want to try. Very holidayish. :D

    ReplyDelete