Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Hey everyone! (All 13 of you ha ha!) Sorry this post is on the latter end of the day BUT I spent the whole day with my cuties shopping the fall decoration sales. I seriously got a TON for under 50 bucks. SCORE! Anyway, so I'm going to post one of my recipes from my failed crafty crap blog. lol!! But it's seriously one of my absolute favorites and I know you'll love it too.
Okay, so back home there was this little family owned restaraunt called "Mongolian Buffet". What you did was put all sorts of meet and veggies, then noodles and sauces in a bowl and they grilled it over a flat round hot plate with sticks (it goes back to the guys in the Mongolian army cooking their food on their shields with their swords) or so the story says. Anyway, it's delish and I must've eaten there at least once a week since it was very close to where I worked right out of high school. Then I move up here and I haven't found anything remotely like it SO I kind of came up with my own version. So bear with me, I kinda just threw stuff in, and there are no measurments for the sauces, I just covered whatever I was cooking. I did take lots of pictures though so hopefully that will help. So enjoy my all original Mongolian Grill Yumminess (and yes, that's the official name lol! :P)

What you need:
Fresh carrots, sliced
Fresh celery, also sliced
I like snow peas
and a green bell pepper, diced
I used 2 lbs of thinly sliced beef
4 packet ramen noodles, no broth
teryaki sauce
soy sauce
lemon juice (optional)
worsheshire sauce (optional)
Chop up your veggies, this takes the most amount of time and you don't want to be worrying about burning your meat so just do it first.

This is the meat, it's a thinly sliced beef.
Close up on the type of meat. It just makes a nice meat for your dish. Cut the strips of meat into about 2 inch strips.
Put about a tablespoon or two of oil in a pan (I use a flat bottomed wok, I got it at IKEA) when your pan is hot, cook your meat. Drain juices.

Add your fresh veggies, then pour in some teriyaki sauce and some soy sauce. The meat and veggies will suck up the juices so you're going to end up adding more as things look dry. You want a lot of juice for when you add noodles so don't be afraid to just dump it on. I also add lemon juice, but that's just me. :D
Let your veggies cook down so they're softer.
As your veggies are cooking down, prepare your noodles (I used 4 packs of ramen noodle WITHOUT the broth) The noodles with absorb your sauce in the wok so you don't need the broth.
Add your noodles, I also added a can of that oriental baby corn and water chestnuts. They don't need to cook long since they're canned. Add more soy and teriyaki sauce. I also put another dash of lemon juice and some worschershire sauce. Add sauces that you think will make it taste good. Remember, if it smells good, chances are it will taste good.
Eat and enjoy! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment